May 19, 2024, 03:43:48 AM

Author Topic: Deltora Quest: The Seven Jewels  (Read 5579 times)

Cass

• Del Citizen
Deltora Quest: The Seven Jewels
« on: December 24, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »
I'm not sure if this topic has been made anywhere else, but I thought it was a good one to have.

Even if some are unable to understand Japanese, I think there's quite a bit to discuss about the Deltora Quest DS game, such
as art direction, changes from the original text, gameplay and music.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:02:27 PM by Cass »
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
Re: Deltora Quest: The Seven Jewels
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
I'm not sure if this topic has been made anywhere else, but I thought it was a good one to have.

Even if some are unable to understand Japanese, I think there's quite a bit to discuss about the Deltora Quest DS game, such
as art direction, changes from the original text, gameplay and music.

Ahh yes! I should've made a thread about this long ago! Thanks for that!

I'll express my opinions tomorrow, as I'm just about to leave my house.

Expect updates soon!

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:15:52 AM »
I do wonder, seeing as the game has so many facets to it, if it deserves more than just one piddly thread made by a regular member? XD

Also, excuse me for not using quotes. IF (and hopefully WHEN) there's more action, I'll delightfully partake in quote-making to avoid ambiguity.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 05:56:52 AM »
I do wonder, seeing as the game has so many facets to it, if it deserves more than just one piddly thread made by a regular member? XD

Also, excuse me for not using quotes. IF (and hopefully WHEN) there's more action, I'll delightfully partake in quote-making to avoid ambiguity.

I totally didn't forget about this thread. (oops!)

Yeah, good idea. I'll set up a new board specifically for the game tomorrow (I swear, aha!). Loving your new avatar by the way.

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:13:43 AM »
I know this is completely off-topic, but I can't think of anything original.

The 'ranking' system here works by posts.
Here's the set up I have now:

0 - 49 posts on the forum = New User
50 - 99 posts  on the forum = Jr. Member
100 - 249 posts on the forum = Full Member
250 - 499 posts on the forum = Sr. Member
500+ posts on the forum = Hero Member

But this is really boring and I want to make it Deltora Quest themed. Aaand I literally can't think of anything. Do you have any ideas?

Hero Member could be "Ruler of Deltora" or something like that. What do you think?

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
I'll set up a new board specifically for the game tomorrow.

Okay, well I didn't forget!

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
In regards to your ranking system, that's a fairly difficult one. XD I mean, as they'll be named in Deltoran terms, you have to make it fairly obvious what rank a person is.

Ruler/Knight of Deltora sounds good for a Hero member. Maybe 'Resistance Member' for Sr. Member? My only problem with 'Ruler' is that it normally would refer to a person above the status of normal members.

I think the hardest to come up with will be 'New User'. The only one I can think of is 'Grey Guard', which may work if you weren't hoping for all the rank titles to be positive. XD

Oh, and thank you about the avatar. C: I was going to fit King Endon in there, but it's quite an arduous task getting sprites from the game. >o>;
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
Oh, I'm loving the Resistance Member idea! Same with the 'Grey Guard' title (even if it is negative). Yeah, I wasn't sure about the Ruler of Deltora. Knight of Deltora sounds much better! For Jr. Member, would 'Citizen of Del' work? It's a better title than a Grey Guard, after all. The only rank left is Full Member. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:13:43 PM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:57 AM »
This is going really off topic, isn't it? XD Perhaps once this is figured out the thread should be deleted. XP

Erm, that's a bit of a hard one to think of! What is inbetween a Del Citizen and a Resistance Member? >o>; Maybe one of the other tribes of Deltora? The Torans? Then again, it'd be pretty ambiguous.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:37:27 AM »
Sounds good to me. So the rankings go as follow:

Grey Guard
Del Citizen
Toran Citizen
Resistance Member
Knight of Deltora

Alright, thanks so for the ideas!

Dragonlord Stephi

• Grey Guard
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »
An English version of the ROM? My goodness, I've been searching everywhere for one! If you translate it, you would be my hero!

I did try to play the game in Japanese but I got stuck, as I can't read kanji and only have a beginner's understanding of it.

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »
Which part did you get stuck at? Both Cass and I have finished it, so feel free to ask. I could translate the game, for sure. Though my knowledge on 'hacking' ROMs is very limited.