May 19, 2024, 02:37:11 AM

Author Topic: Deltora Quest Episode 1 Discussion  (Read 4732 times)

DQA

• Toran Citizen
Deltora Quest Episode 1 Discussion
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:28:18 AM »
Deltora Quest Episode 1 Discussion

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:17:53 PM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
Re: Deltora Quest Episode 1 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:26:05 AM »
Hiya. This is just a quick one for episode 1. When the Shadow Lord addresses Fallow, is he using an honorific with his name?Because he pronounces it "Farou-you", while others just pronounce his name "Farou".

Just something that caught my eye. Or ear... XD

I don't have much to say about episode 1. It did a good job at setting the scene of everything.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »
Hiya. This is just a quick one for episode 1. When the Shadow Lord addresses Fallow, is he using an honorific with his name?Because he pronounces it "Farou-you", while others just pronounce his name "Farou".

Just something that caught my eye. Or ear... XD

I don't have much to say about episode 1. It did a good job at setting the scene of everything.

You might have heard "Farou yo!"

"yo" is a particle which emphasizes a statement.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:53:49 PM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
Oh really? That's a neat little nugget of info!

And I'm glad to hear you're back from your intrepid journey into the deep workings of fansubbing. I thought something... else... had
happened, but it's wonderful that you're still persevering.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
Oh really? That's a neat little nugget of info!

And I'm glad to hear you're back from your intrepid journey into the deep workings of fansubbing. I thought something... else... had
happened, but it's wonderful that you're still persevering.

Haha! Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm surprised you still came back after so long!  :-*

Namine17

• Grey Guard
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »
This episode was OK i would have preferred to see Lief with his friends, instead of fighting gray guards but it was still done well  ;D.
I like the part when Lief was like, "Ehhhhh," about Barda coming with his expression is so priceless  :D

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:02 AM »
Yes, it's interesting how the anime wanted to depict him as this saviour type character.

I also liked this episode, thought I must say I dislike the art direction that was taken with the pictures that show King Adin's story. I know it was intentional, but the pixelly quality of the artwork really didn't resonate me. This also occurred in the episode with the Ra-Kacharz, and the cards that they had. Brr.

Besides that, it was pretty well animated!

Oh, and I've been wondering (this is the only place I could think of putting it): honorifics! I already spoke of honorifics before, but now I've just realised: almost nobody uses honorifics in this anime! Or perhaps not ones that I am familiar with. Honorifics that denote status seem to be unused, except for the occasional 'sama'. Is there any reason why this is done, I wonder? Is this common in fantasy anime? I would've thought this would sound off to Japanese audiences, as usually a lack of honorific denotes rudeness, no?

Bish Bash Bosh!