May 18, 2024, 08:51:04 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Other / Re: Offer To Fully Sub 65 Deltora Quest Episodes
« Last post by EvilPony on January 17, 2019, 10:07:12 AM »
Hello Draculestia it’s me again. If you see this reply could you message my email? I’m very interested in the new turn of this project and want to ask you a lot about it for I’m having a project concerning DQ as well. But since I have no way to privately contact you on this site, I would like you to hear me out through my email which is below my username (oc if you absolutely want to). Your help would be tremendous to my project and by all means I hope at least I could help you with something in return. Looking forward to your reply. Cheers  :D
« Last post by EvilPony on January 12, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
Let me know the progress if you like to man. Love the anime and love what you're doing. Also though I don't know Jp or know how to typeset but if there's anything else I can help you with, I'd be happy to help. For now good luck, your work has made someone very happy.  :-*
« Last post by Namine17 on January 07, 2019, 11:31:03 PM »
So sad that there won't be any other subbed episodes. :'( I've been keeping my eye on this forum every now and then since I joined it's nice to see other people have a passion for this amazing anime. :) I can't translate but maybe I could help in other ways please respond when ever you see this Draculestia.
And also you gave it your best effort DQA I still love the episodes you put so much time into subbing I guess I just need to learn Japanese if I truly want to experience this gem. Happy New Year!!! I hope that some day this dream will come true.
« Last post by Ashley Kosaka on September 18, 2018, 11:21:56 PM »
I’m also have seen Deltora Quest since 2007, but also hoping if anyone can make english subtitles from a japanese dub, because I’m more to japanese than english dub. Though that recently dqa fansub’s episode videos were unavailable, I’m looking forward to you or anyone else who is continuing to make english subs for deltora quest japanese dub. You have my support, and I also can hear japanese on average level (except kanji). Once again, I’m looking forward for anyone who is still interested on making eng subs on DQ japanese dub.  :)
« Last post by Draculestia on August 20, 2018, 08:27:44 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that, but thank you for the reply. The previous offer I have made to DQA Fansubs extends to anyone else reading this as well, but for now, I will have to continue working on the translation as I have been doing it so far. Regarding an 'official translation' being made for the Japanese anime, I would say that the chances of this are basically zero. There is no money in it whatsoever because the Japanese Deltora Quest is basically dead and will eventually be lost to time, and the vast majority of Western interest is satisfied with the English Dub. With that in mind, I will be committed to eventually finishing the translation that I'm working on.
Other / Re: Here lies DQA fansubs......
« Last post by DQA on August 13, 2018, 06:02:06 AM »
I didn't actually delete any videos, they were taken down for copyright infringement. Not sure why the same thing hasn't happened to the 52 English dub videos though, especially since they've been up for so long... But anyway, hopefully one day there will be an official release of the Japanese version with English subs but I don't know how likely that is.

I'll keep hoping  ;D
« Last post by DQA on August 13, 2018, 05:56:53 AM »
Hi Draculestia! I'm not working on subtitling DQ anymore. The ideal route would be to have an official English subtitle release, but I don't know if that's possible given the English dub international licensing and what company would even be willing to do that... But good luck to you, the Japanese dub truly is the superior version. If you have any general questions about learning Japanese I'd be happy to help.
Other / Offer To Fully Sub 65 Deltora Quest Episodes
« Last post by Draculestia on July 23, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »
Hi there,

I originally started watching Deltora Quest in 2007 when it aired, read the books in 2004 and met Marc McBride in 2005. I had given up on episodes being fully subbed in English some time in 2010, especially with the god awful dubbed version hitting Cartoon Network. As a result, I ended up missing the subbing work of DQA Fansubs. My intention has always been to sub this anime myself, but there has also always been one problem - I don't understand enough Japanese to handle that on my own. I didn't let that stop me last year though when I began commissioning a person to write a transcript of the episodes. As of this moment, the first 8 episodes have been completed so far, the slow pace mainly due to the life circumstances of the person I'm commissioning.

I'd like to directly address the person behind DQA Fansubs. I was wondering if you would be interested in doing the same thing; writing up a transcript of the episodes in English and leaving the grunt work of subbing/timing to me. I've gotten pretty fast at it now, and because I'm pretty confident in my command of the English language, coupled with my basic understanding of Japanese, I think the quality of my subtitling would be pretty good. The cost of commissioning the translation of these episodes is quite frankly disturbing when you multiply the individual episode cost by 65, so I thought if you were as passionate about Deltora Quest's Japanese version as I was, we could collaborate under the DQA Fansubs name (or something else if you would prefer) and get this happening in a big way.

I will be continuing down this commission route at the expense of my wallet for as long as it takes for you to return to this forum, because for all I know you won't be interested in my idea, or you won't return at all - so I will continue with this commissioning for now. In the worst case scenario, I'm willing to see this commission route through to the very end. If you would like to talk about this more privately, feel free to request my email or PM me (if such a thing can be done on this site).

I hope to hear from you soon.

- Draculestia
Other / So then......
« Last post by Ashley Kosaka on June 06, 2017, 07:22:35 AM »
If your youtube is now off, then the videos are gone, where can I watch your subs video? I haven't found your single subs videos so far.....  ???please reply as soon as you can  :'(
Other / Here lies DQA fansubs......
« Last post by Ashley Kosaka on May 18, 2017, 12:50:18 AM »
The fact that I wanted to post this topic, is because your episodes are all wiped out from your DQA YouTube Channel. For what purpose did you delete all except the openings and endings? ??? I'm a huge fan of Deltora Quest for 4 years, and like to collect all japanese dubs with englsih subs episode videos. Is it because of the unactive?  :( Please reply as soon as you can. Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10