May 06, 2024, 09:25:09 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other / Re: Offer To Fully Sub 65 Deltora Quest Episodes
« Last post by Ashley Kosaka on May 29, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
This is awesome! Thanks for continuing the subs Draculestia! I haven’t completed my japanese learning skill yet unfortunately, so I was unable to make subs as well due tmy disability on translating.  :'( I’ve subscribed your channel and I’m looking forward for the next episodes!  ;)
« Last post by Draculestia on April 05, 2019, 08:59:02 AM »
It has been over a month since my previous update and things have been going extremely well for the project. At the time of my previous writing, I hadn't even gone so far as to make a fully completed subtitle file that was worth sharing - I've now done 12 of those, soon to be 13. In other words, I'm 12 episodes in to the subtitling of Deltora Quest and I have no doubts that I'll be able to work with my new translator to get all 65 episodes of the anime completed; he's very good at what he does. I still have a big hand in the production of each episode; I'd say the work is split 50/50. For those of you who are not interested in joining the Discord channel to download the episodes, I do have a YouTube channel now where I am beginning to upload the episodes. The video quality is the same, but the visual quality of the subtitles in the YouTube uploads matches that of the video, which is a lower resolution to the subtitles that appear in the softsubbed .mkv files that I have available to download on the Discord server. The YouTube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSLg3lQ6zgGIdKw97SX5jg/videos?disable_polymer=1

I probably won't make another update here unless something really major happens with the project, or it is completed. Thanks in advance to those of you who show interest in the project and support it!
« Last post by Draculestia on February 27, 2019, 07:03:59 AM »
Well, I wasn't expecting an update to come so soon, but here I am. A major update to my ToranSubs project has just been finalised, and it's good news for both myself and those of you who are eager to see a fully subtitled Japanese Deltora Quest during this year. My previous non- responsive translator has been dropped for a new translator who is also willing to handle subbing and timing at a fair price. He works very efficiently compared to the last translator (who led a very busy life), and he works at about the same speed as I do when it comes to subtitling, yet with added monetary incentive. Previously, I was handling the subbing and timing on my own, and I will continue to do that for episodes 8 and 9 considering that I do have transcripts for those episodes from the last translator, but episodes 10 through until 65 (if things go well with the new guy) will be translated, subbed and timed by him. What will I be doing from that point on you ask? I'll be handling proofreading and ensuring that everything is book- friendly. Needless to say, this guy isn't in any way familiar with Deltora Quest, so it's very important for me to have a hand in the final product. I'll also be fine- tuning various aesthetic aspects to the subtitles as well, but the major point is that the big job of writing up everything into the subtitling software and timing it to the speech of the characters is no longer needed of me. I will instead be able to jump in and make edits to text that has already been written and timed, and while I do feel a little sad that I won't have such a personal hand in the project (because the time allocation for subtitling and timing is massive), the written text will still be my end product (as his English isn't perfect, so I'll be making lots of grammatical / sentence structure changes), so I do still have that going for me. Plus, it's hard to resist the temptation to have that huge workload lifted from my shoulders.

The previous rate that the project was moving at was horrendously slow, to be honest. 7 or 8 episodes in two years is far from acceptable when you have a total of 65 to work on; we'd be here waiting until 2025 or something. What it means to have this person on board with the project is that episodes will be 'completed' within the span of 7 days, 14 at the absolute maximum, which translates to a reasonable estimate of the project being done by late 2019. That is phenomenally attractive to me, and I'd like to think that it is for you as well. Once again, for those of you who are interested in being updated immediately when it comes to this project and who use or are willing to use Discord, then click the link in the post above to join the ToranSubs server. At worst, we'll be able to chat about Deltora Quest together anyway ;)

Good times ahead!
« Last post by Draculestia on February 27, 2019, 12:13:37 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for showing interest in the project. Things have unfortunately not really progressed since August of last year when I last posted because it seems that my translator has disappeared; no contact for the last four months. I've completed the subtitles for the first 7 episodes so far and I'm currently working on Episode 8. I have translated transcripts up to and including episode 9. As much as I wanted to continue from episode 22 or so with the translation, I felt that it was necessary to do all of the episodes leading up to that as well - I still feel that way. I'm going to work towards getting a new translator; one that's a little less busy and maybe not quite so damn expensive. As far as sharing what I've already worked on, since there are subbed versions of Deltora Quest up to the 20s, I don't really want to put my work out there in actual completed form until I've at least done that much as well - I need to do a few titles/finishing touches and consolidate the video and subtitle files before they're ready to be uploaded online. I probably won't be uploading those to Youtube either due to copyright issues and such, but we'll see, I might just do that anyway.

For those who have Discord and want to follow my work really closely (because I'm on Discord at all hours of the day when I'm awake), then feel free to join the server that I've put together for it. I'm currently operating under the project name of ToranSubs. The name is possibly subject to change but it seems good enough, so I'll probably roll with it. https://discord.gg/FCBWwyn This is the invite link to it, and hopefully DQA doesn't mind me posting it. I plan to start ramping things up pretty soon, and once I get that new translator, things should be well and truly up and running again. I'll keep updating you all here regardless, as this is a good platform to talk to people about Japanese Deltora Quest.

Stay well.
Video Game Discussion / Re: Deltora Quest: The Seven Jewels Official Thread
« Last post by FallowPls on February 05, 2019, 03:28:02 AM »
I'm about to buy this game, cause Fallow-kun on front cover!  I don't have a working Japanese 3/DS though buuuu. Does anyone have any game footage or screenies of any Fallow-kun-related stuffs? I guess I could try to emulate, but URGH.
« Last post by FallowPls on February 04, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
I found where someone subbed 53-the rest of them, but they were taken down I think. Idunno about superior, though. I can't stand Fallow-kun's Japanese voice. Does not fit him. At. All. XD His English voice is teh smex. I think the English in general has very fitting voices. Mainly just wanna watch and understand the rest of the series.
« Last post by EvilPony on February 04, 2019, 07:09:06 AM »
Yes the Japanese version is truly the superior one in almost every way. Sadly I’m only to episode 22 due to the fact that there’s only sub to that extent.
Other / Ep 30-31 Stuff (there was no room to discuss it on episodes forum)
« Last post by FallowPls on February 02, 2019, 04:07:38 PM »
So after episode 30 I just have this major gut feeling that

Spoiler for :
Dain is an Ol. He just seems really............off. Maybe that's just the English dub VA making it seem so suspicious. Idunno. He seems weird to me. XD

And since I usually get horror movie (fav movie genre lol) type plot twists a mile away due to having watched so much of them and can spot some foreshadowing like crazy, I'm going to have a heart attack if I am wrong. < .<

Also I really like Ols. They're the cutest. Ol-y Olsies. <3

I know Ols don't eat (high grades ones can), but do they sleep? Hmmmm..........

Episode 44 now.

Spoiler for :
They said there's a spy and I immediately point at Dain and shout YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu. XD No regrets, even if I am wrong. I really don't think he's the heir.............for some reason I always thought Lief would somehow be, being this is a very cliche type story and all (the chosen ones to quest always end up being the "main guy" somehow in those types of jRPGs - I'm probably thinking too much about Dragon Quest XD - soooo lol plus when Jasmine said she thinks the heir is closer, pretty sure she meant she thought Lief was the heir somehow. I still haven't worked out how, but yeah.) Also Fallow-kun in this episode. *fangirlish squealing agoooo*

Spoiler for :
Oh well nvm. Guess Dain is the heir. The belt gems started to dull and I was like HA THEY GOT YA! But then Ichabod crashes through and I'm like "oh" lol q .q Glock is so cute though. Always thought so but he's adorable in the last few eps lol

Spoiler for :
FALLOW-KUN'S DORKY LAUGH GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh, MY HEART CANNOT WITH HIM. <3 UGHHHH someone let me have that man. q .q I have a mighty need.
Also............Dain evil laughed and wouldn't touch the belt. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew he was evil af! asdfghjkl;' YAS. I'm not stupid after all. XDDD I have one other suspicion about a character (Doom) but I'll see if I'm right or wrong abouts that. > .<;; 

Spoiler for :
OMG I WAS RIGHT ABOUT DAIN and ALSO ABOUT DOOM (i think if thats really means that it's her father lol I always thought they looked alike and he did lose his memory.........) also I'm so happy Fallow-kun had somewhat of a hand in destroying Dain. lol That purple-hair nobody thought he really was going to replace him. Nope nope nope.

Although I'm p sure Fallow-kun will probably die at some point extremely soon so I'm scared to continue the episodes since it's so close to the end.............well the end that this site has? It says there's 52 in all, but I also saw episode "60-something" listed somewhere so..........yeah..........

His laugh is it's killing me. My heart is melting. That dorky laugh I just caaaaan't. q ////////////o/////////////q somebody please save that sinnamonroll. Give him plot armor somehow. Do iT fOr HiM
Manga Discussion / Re: Deltora Quest - Issue 1 Discussion
« Last post by FallowPls on February 02, 2019, 03:01:49 AM »
Getting my copy soon-ish. Hoorah. :'3 *is so excite* I'd rather be buying the cards, but couldn't find them (on any English site anyway) but at least I'll have these to tie me over............
« Last post by FallowPls on February 02, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »
How goes the subbing project? I'm totally new to Deltora Quest and I've made my way through 30 episodes of the English (which I love~), and would like to be able to watch a subbed version too (isn't the Japanese one longer?). ^ u^  I'm really sad I was introduced to it so late as now this forum is basically dead. Wish I had gotten here years earlier. Oof.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10