May 19, 2024, 10:02:42 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Other / Speculation on the future of Deltora
« Last post by Cass on September 03, 2013, 06:18:08 AM »
My, it's been a while. I'm not entirely sure I'll get any responses, but... Eh bien!

I've been wondering, is this the end we'll see of Deltora Quest productions? Besides the somewhat recent translation of the manga, I don't think there's really been anything new going on. I gather that the anime wasn't especially popular in Japan (I mean, you can barely find anything about it by Google Japan), and I don't think Emily Rodda herself is really planning to do much else with it.

I would still really, REALLY love to see the anime's composer, Kow Otani, to release a soundtrack, but that doesn't seem very likely either. I wonder why Deltora Quest hasn't seen very much creative output from fans in comparison to other series?
Manga Discussion / Re: Deltora Quest - Issue 10 Discussion
« Last post by Cass on May 02, 2013, 04:07:59 AM »
Oh dear! I'm sad to hear you've been so busy, I hope things are all okay! And there's no need to say sorry. What you've done so far has been so brilliant; yours is a thankless task! D;

I am glad to hear you're alive, though!
« Last post by DQA on April 30, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »
It's sad that I barely have 5 minutes to even write this reply. Nevertheless, during my limited free time I have been making a new site update and finishing up episode 23. Sorry for lack of news.
Announcements / Re: [UPDATE] Where have I been?!
« Last post by acerevox on April 03, 2013, 06:35:02 AM »
greetings I only recently learned of this forum, malware sure sucks, hopefully nobody sent you that virus intentionally.

I came to check on what's going on here, I didn't know this was a one man project. that being said, I have practically no knowledge on how subbing works, but I'm amazed how this can be done by one guy. I registered as a sign of my appreciation of your work, but also of your indurance.

I also appreciate your quest for accuracy in the translation. I don't know anything about japanese, but one can tell if subs make sense or are sort of "..what?", so thanks again for your work!
« Last post by Cass on April 02, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »
Ah well, you sound time poor, so I wouldn't sweat it.
« Last post by DQA on March 31, 2013, 05:21:45 PM »
Umm... so I lied. I didn't expect to have such little amount of time. :(
« Last post by Cass on March 29, 2013, 02:58:26 AM »
Rightio, should be good to hear what you think about it.
« Last post by DQA on March 25, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »
I still need to get this issue. I'll go pick it up tomorrow.

Finally bought it! Expect my critique this weekend.
Episode Discussion / Re: Deltora Quest Episode 13 Discussion
« Last post by Cass on March 22, 2013, 03:50:15 AM »
I feel that the reason why they didn't begin with the 'prologue' is because the first episode of an anime normally needs to open up the main plotline. That being said, I enjoy where the small 'saga' is placed, right before the bigger gem quests.

I have to say, this and episode 14 are my favourite episodes. <3 They're pretty well done (no off model, well directed), and have just so much emotion! Another thing I like about these two episodes is the mood - the sepia, warm yet hopeless feel. It's a bit of a shame this sort of lighting didn't appear as often in later episodes, as I really think it captures the dark atmosphere.
Episode Discussion / Re: Deltora Quest Episode 1 Discussion
« Last post by Cass on March 22, 2013, 03:45:02 AM »
Yes, it's interesting how the anime wanted to depict him as this saviour type character.

I also liked this episode, thought I must say I dislike the art direction that was taken with the pictures that show King Adin's story. I know it was intentional, but the pixelly quality of the artwork really didn't resonate me. This also occurred in the episode with the Ra-Kacharz, and the cards that they had. Brr.

Besides that, it was pretty well animated!

Oh, and I've been wondering (this is the only place I could think of putting it): honorifics! I already spoke of honorifics before, but now I've just realised: almost nobody uses honorifics in this anime! Or perhaps not ones that I am familiar with. Honorifics that denote status seem to be unused, except for the occasional 'sama'. Is there any reason why this is done, I wonder? Is this common in fantasy anime? I would've thought this would sound off to Japanese audiences, as usually a lack of honorific denotes rudeness, no?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]