May 02, 2024, 12:26:43 AM

Author Topic: Deltora Quest Finds on the Internet  (Read 16843 times)

DQA

• Toran Citizen
Re: Deltora Quest Finds on the Internet
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
Yeah, it's strange that the Latin American dub got the license to use the original music. Perhaps they had a bigger budget? And yes, I do agree that the voices are much better in the Latin American version than the Canadian dub.

Not sure. I'm just reading what it said on the back:

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »
Yes, it sounds as though they had a bigger budget. And, yes, it sounds as though the voices are much more faithful to the original Japanese. I've heard that most animes attempt to recreate the 'feel' of the original voices by using particular accents/phrases and the like. That doesn't really seem to be the case with the Canadian version. For example, all of Thaegan's children sound masculine, while in the original several had feminine voices.

Hrm. They would only serve as a collectible item, anyway. After looking at a few on eBay, the card art varies dramatically. Some lean towards the anime, while others look completely original.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:35:38 AM by DQA »
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 05:26:59 AM »
There's three types of cards that I've seen. One from the official card game, one from a CD and one which I cannot identify.

The first image is from a RHYTHEM CD (Which has the song Sakura Uta, the first ending). A card with the CD to promote the upcoming anime.

The second image comes from what I believe to be the official Japanese card game.

And the third one, I'm not sure. It's in English, indicating that there was an American card game too? Perhaps it was also a promotional gift for something related to DQ.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:54:16 AM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
Oh, that IS quite a find! Spiffy job! I didn't know there were different kinds.

It seems as though the CD and unidentifiable versions are merely collectibles. The official set seem to have some sort of game behind them. Not only that, but some seem to be much rarer, and are holographic (perhaps a homage to the original books? I've only seen 'guardian' cards in that format).

I have to say, the quality of the cards are varied. Some use the anime's style, while others opt for an odd blend of the manga and a painterly style. Unfortunately, all examples have gone off eBay.

It also seems the unidentifiable version makes use of Mark Bridle's (or however his name is spelt) work. I wonder if there is anything especially made? I think I can identify a few characters in that picture. It seems there are Nij and Doj, the Kin, and the Pirates. I've not read/looked at any of Mark Bridle's spinoff works of Deltora Quest, so some of these are rather new.

In saying that, my opinions are mixed on Bridle's work in general. I absolutely adore his scenery work (the colours and shapes are fantastic), but I find his depictions of humans somewhat wooden. I'm glad official portrayals of the main 3 were never given, as I do prefer a personal image.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:56:33 AM »
Oh, you mean Marc McBride? How did I not notice this?! I believe most of the pictures are on those cards are from the Secrets of Deltora book. That makes sense now, but I'm still wondering where the come from.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:39:57 AM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:04 AM »
Oh, they probably are.

Hrm. I've been looking around some Japanese art sites, and it seems Deltora Quest is going through some minor 'revival'. I wonder how many other communities out there still revolve around Deltora Quest?
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 06:14:15 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy lately.

Perhaps this revival is thanks to the, dare I say, dub? If the dub has accomplished anything, it has broadened the demographic and expanded the previously Japanese-anime-exclusive community. A few days ago I was looking at some Japanese art site which seemed to have quite a bit of Deltora Quest material. The same can be said with Western artwork too (on deviantart and the such).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:16:15 AM by DQA »

Unknown

Unknown topic
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »
Unknown message

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »
Hmmm. That's strange. I wonder who wrote this?

Also, Cass~, where are you? I hope everything is alright.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:28:42 AM by DQA »

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »
Oh, terribly sorry for the late reply. I couldn't really find anything else of note to say that hadn't already been said. Oooh, it just seems like there must be some sort of goldmine of Deltora goodies somewhere! That, and work has been rather restricting on my personal life. Eh bien, I suppose.

I do suggest you create a topic page for Issue 10 of the manga, which I am expecting very soon. I am quite excited, as I'm just fascinated to see if everything wraps up well.

Oh, and how strange a message! I wonder who wrote that.
Bish Bash Bosh!

DQA

• Toran Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 06:31:20 AM »
Oh, no; it's fine. I was just worried something horrible had happened to you. Glad it's nothing serious~!

Oh yeah, the manga section. I've been really inactive there. Need to post more. I'll go create the topic now.

Cass

• Del Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 06:33:24 AM »
Oh, not at all! I've just been biding my time.

Well, there's not an awful amount one can say about the manga, I suppose. Issue 9, however, obviously shook things up a bit.
Bish Bash Bosh!